Tuesday 9 February 2016

BEING A BOXING PROMOTER


One of the things I really enjoy is running my boxing promotion business “Goodwin Main Events”. I am the youngest female professional boxing promoter in the world and in a male dominated sport it is refreshing to add a female touch to the business and I totally love getting involved.

My next show takes place at the iconic York Hall in Bethnal Green on 5th March 2016 where I have a brilliant Championship main event plus a fantastic undercard featuring two former Prizefighter Champions, a former English Champion and what I am most nervous but excited about, my little brother making his professional debut. Before then however on 24th February 2016 I have a press conference to hold which takes place at York Hall.



When I originally held press conferences I found them quite daunting but with experience comes confidence and now I find them a lot easier than before but I still find myself in a panic trying to act relaxed. I’m like the proverbial swan… all calm and graceful on the top half, but paddling furiously under the water! Still, with each one, I get more confident and I love it – it’s such a buzz to finish and think that people enjoy listening to what I’ve got to say.




The photo above is a picture taken from the training camp in May 2015 where we took some of our fighters to Turkey to train for a week.

You can read more about the fighters on my show Crunch Time here.

If you have never been to a boxing event before come down; it would be lovely to see you there. Tickets are available at http://iboxingtickets.com


Below is a promo video for my show on 5th March.





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss OPG | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig